Research interests: entity resolution (record linkage), clustering, Bayesian methodology and applications, machine learning, locality sensitive hashing, privacy-preserving record linkage, decision theory, survey methodology, small area estimation, and Markov chain Monte Carlo methods.
If you are a student interested in working with my research group, please set up a time to meet with me via email (and also first take a look at my research page and current projects that we are working on).
- Andee Kaplan joins research group as postdoctoral fellow, August 2017
- Steorts receives NSF Career Award, April 2017
- Angie Shen receives Honorable Mention for Faculty Scholar Award, Duke University, 2017
- Angie Shen receives Sirena WuDunn Memorial Scholarship, Duke University, 2016 and 2017
- Started program Youth in Machine Learning (YiML) program Launch of Youth in Machine Learning (YiML) program!
- Postdoctoral student Brenda Betancourt wins Foerster-Bernstein Postdoctoral Fellowship, December 2015.
- Upcoming short course on Teaching Bayes: the Essential Parts with Abbas Zaidi.
- Our paper on microclustering Bayesian nonparameteric clustering tasks with sublinear growth received a spotlight presentation at the BNP NIPS workshops NIPS 2015
- Check out our Blocking Methods Applied to Casualty Records from the Syrian Conflict paper applying locality sensitive hashing to the Syrian conflict
- Our paper A Bayesian Approach to Graphical Record Linkage and De-duplication is to appear in JASA, Theory and Applications.
- Check out our empirically motivated record linkage paper in special issue of Bayesian Analysis 2015 and Finalist for the 2016 Lindley Prize.
- Received a 2015 Collaborative NSF Research Grant on Record Linkage and Privacy-Preserving Methods for Big Data joint with Aleksandra B. Slavkovic
- Awarded a 2014 Metknowledge Network Grant via the John Templeton Foundation
- Awarded the 35 Innovator's under 35 by MIT review Magazine MIT 35 under 35, September/October Issue.
- Gave spotlight talk for 35 under 35 Innovator's Award EmTech 2015, for humanitarian software applied to Syrian conflict.