- A short description of my current research
- Recent research papers, presentations, my cv, or Duke's
- Most Recent (F16) course:
- Past courses:
|STA 230/MTH 230
||Prob & Measure
|STA 250/MTH 342
||STA 961||Stoch Proc||
- Go to the Statistical Science,
Arts & Sciences,
(Today) home pages.
- Representative, Academic Council
- Representative, Arts & Sciences Council (Statistical Science, Alt)
- Team Member, D-CIPHER Bass Connections project,
- Member, ITAC
(Information Technology Advisory Council) and of its Steering Committee (docs)
- Core Member, LSST (Large Synoptic
ISSC (Informatics and Statistics
- Council Member, Jetscape (Jet
energy-loss tomography) HEP collaboration
- Member, MADAI (Models and Data
Analysis Initiative) Collaboration (pvt)
- Member, RCAC
(Research Computing Advisory Council)
- Scientific Coordinator, SAMSI Astro Stat WG
- Friend & supporter of the: APS of Durham, Cornell Ornithology lab, Duke Lemur Center, Duke Park Neighborhood, Ellerbe Creek Watershed Assn, Nasher Museum of Art, NC Zoo, Piatigorsky Foundation, Walking Fish CSF, WCPE, WNCU.
Recent and Upcoming Conferences & Presentations
Recent Research Papers
Tail waiting times and the extremes of stochastic processes , with JE
Johndrow (2016). arXiv:1512.07848 [math.ST]
ACME: A Partially Periodic Estimator of Avian & Chiropteran Mortality at
Wind Turbines (2016), arXiv:1507.00749 [stat.AP]
Stationay Gaussian Markov processes as limits of stationary
autoregressive time series , with PA Ernst, LD Brown, and L Shepp
(2017). J Multivariate Analysis (in press).
Geometric representations of Random Hypergraphs with Simón
Lunagómez, Sayan Mukherjee, and Edoardo M. Airoldi (2017).
> arXiv:0912.3648 [math.ST] JASA (in press).
The Longevity of Lava Dome Eruptions, with SE Ogburn and ES Calder
(2016). J Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 121(3),
Pooling strength amongst limited datasets using hierarchical Bayesian
analysis, with application to pyroclastic density current mobility
metrics with SE Ogburn, JO Berger, ES Calder, DL Lopes, AK Patra, EB
Pitman, R Rutarindwa, and ET Stiller (2016). Statistics in
Volcanology 2(1), 1-26.
Geometric representations of hypergraphs for prior specification and
posterior sampling with Simón Lunagómez and Sayan
Mukherjee (2015). In Current Trends in Bayesian Methodology with
Applications, ch. 19, 391-414.
A Physics-Based Emulator for the Simulation of Geophysical Mass Flows,
with Asif Mahmood and E Bruce Pitman (2015). SIAM/ASA J Uncertainty
Quantification 3(1), 562--585.
Quantifying properties of hot and dense QCD matter through systematic
model-to-data comparison, with JE Bernhard, PW Marcy, CE
Coleman-Smith, S Huzurbazar, and SA Bass (2015).
arXiv:1502.00339 [nucl-th] Phys Rev C. 91(5),
Probabilistic quantification of hazards: A methodology using small
ensembles of physics based simulations and statistical surrogates,
with MJ Bayarri, JO Berger, ES Calder, AK Patra, EB Pitman, and ET
Stiller (2015). International J of Uncertainty
Quantification 5(4), 297-339.
More papers are on my curriculum vitæ.